Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Exit Tickets

I found this on Pinterest and knew immediately that I was doing it.  The idea originally comes from  Cortney at Once Upon a Substitute and is another "why didn't I think of that" type ideas.  I like exit tickets and a long time ago I designed ones that looked like real tickets.  I like to keep a stack of them photocopied so they're always ready if I need them.  Sometime I might plan to use one, but they're great to use when the lesson goes quicker than I expected and I need to fill a few minutes at the end of the period.

This takes the idea of keeping them on hand one step further. Laminate them and make dry erase exit tickets!  This way I always have them on hand, and I'll never have to make more copies.  Why didn't I think of this??

I created these blank tickets and printed enough for a class set on cardstock paper.  At the moment I'm considering printing more so that I have enough for each student, that way I won't have to read and erase them each period.


[Update]: I ended up printing out enough tickets for each of my students.  Often when I collect exit tickets I don't look at them until the end of the day so I decided that making a class set and trying to read and erase them each period just wasn't reasonable for me.

I laminated them all...


then cut them all apart.


5 comments:

  1. I love this! I've never even used an exit ticket before though. I need to try it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea and will be trying it out next year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Easily, the article is actually the best topic on this registry related issue. I fit in with your conclusions and will eagerly look forward to your next updates. Just saying thanks will not just be sufficient, for the fantasti c lucidity in your writing. I will instantly grab your rss feed to stay informed of any updates. Madison Square Garden tickets

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah! This is a great idea. My 4th graders would love to use these. Do you have a blank template that you would not mind sharing?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...